A clean and well-trimmed garden or yard can boost the value of your property. If you are looking for a power tool for quickly trimming and removing weeds, then you have come to the right place.
In this WORX 32V GT 2.0 string trimmer review, you’ll learn how this tool which works like a powerful mini-mower, a string trimmer and a precision edger, a 3-in-1 tool. This is a lightweight and cordless tool that can easily adjust for the numerous tasks you need to do in the yard to deliver perfect results each time.
The power tool takes grass trimming and edging to a completely different level with enhanced power and functionality. But, does the WORX 32-Volt GT2.0 live up to the expectations? Let’s find out.
It features a 12” cutting diameter which allows you to trim more grass in less time. The cordless trimmer can be converted into an edger or a mini mower within a few seconds.
Each WORX GT 2.0 comes with 3 pre-loaded spools of cutting line that can give you the perfect start. When you need more line you can order them online, or find them in home and garden stores..
The GT 2.0 is equipped with a 32V MaxLithium battery that promises to cut, trim and even mow the grass with precision. It takes about 3 hours to completely charge the battery. But when fully charged, the GT 2.0 gives you a run time of nearly 40 minutes.
It measures 12” x 12” x 35” and weighs 8.7 lbs. This is VERY nice and light on your back while working, which makes this an especially great option for elderly homeowners or those with smaller/slighter builds.
The 12” cutting diameter with a 0.065-inch string comes with an automatic single-line feed without any bumping. It’s a great deal to not need to even pause to continue trimming. With 3 trimmer spools in the kit, you won’t ever need to stop mid-job and restring your weed eater!
We love the 3-in-1 versatility of this tool. It has dual-position wheels so you can let it glide along the ground and not have to carry the full weight while in use. This is a big help for edging, grass trimming, and mowing. This tool can also be easily converted into an in-line edger within seconds. The quick-release lever makes it a cinch to quickly and easily adjust the height.
Pros & Cons
- The GT 2.0 is powered by a 32-volt battery that delivers high-level performances; it delivers more power and longer run times.
- The dual-positioned in-line wheels help you perform edging tasks with ease. The trimmer can also be used to perform mowing functions for detailed trimming in your garden/yard. It has been designed in a way to easily reach even the most difficult to access areas.
- You can adjust the length to suit your height so that you do get feel any strain. The head tilts a full 90° and the wheel support ensures that you can quickly and easily trim every corner of your garden. It also comes equipped with a single-line feed that avoids bumping and gives you uninterrupted performance.
- The WORX GT 2.0 trimmer also includes an adjustable spacer guard that provides extra protection to garden furniture, flowers, and plants at the time of trimming.
- This lightweight and highly functional grass trimmer, edger, and mini mower helps you give a professional look to your garden or yard in less time. It is also easy to use; simply read the instructions provided in the manual to get the best out of your trimmer.
- The WORX GT 2.0 is reasonably priced and it comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. It also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means that you have a risk-free purchase. You can return the product within that period if you are not satisfied.
- The string line runs out quickly and the spare spool that ships with the product does not auto-feed; it can easily break.
- The charger that comes with the product is too slow and it takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the battery, which is too long.
Worx 32V GT2.0 String Trimmer Review – FAQ
Are Worx trimmers any good?
They are lightweight and they offer solid power with a 32V battery. They do tend to run down a touch quicker than some competitor’s products, so if you’ve got a larger-sized lawn you might keep looking for a better option for your yard. For the average suburban backyard with only lighter regular maintenance needed, these are definitely a solid option to consider for the price.
Which is better Worx or Black and Decker?
Black+Decker often has a couple more features on the closest Worx counterpart, but they’ll also typically come at a slightly higher price tag. It’s up to you to decide what YOUR lawn needs in terms of features. Overall you’ll never go wrong choosing a household name brand like Black+Decker, but we think that the Worx string trimmer reviewed in this article is worth the closer look in terms of value, size vs power, etc.
How does an auto-feed trimmer work?
They can sense the centrifugal force as the line shortens to know that it needs to be fed out. Some other models of string trimmers will have a “feed button” on the handle which works to send out more string but without the pause required of a bump-feed setup.
If you are looking for a versatile and reasonably priced string trimmer that can help you perform multiple tasks with ease, the WORX 32-Volt GT 2.0 string trimmer is a great choice. It is easy to use and does just what it is supposed to do.
Overall, this is a budget-friendly tool you can use to keep your garden and backyard well maintained. It’s a super light-weight tool that’s perfect for anyone to use, regardless of age, strength, or height. The multiple functions of this tool make it a great and valuable addition to every homeowner’s shed!