Nothing beats being in your element digging through dirt, pulling weeds, and pruning thorny plants. But let’s face it; it is no fun having to deal with dirty fingernails, wounds, scratches, hand soreness or infections after a heavenly session in your little paradise. For this, you will find having the best gardening gloves in your arsenal most useful. Also, know how to properly measure your hands for a perfect fitting glove.
Whether you prioritize dexterity or optimal protection, there is a gardening glove that matches your requirements. Take a look at the top three brands on the market today. Also, visit our store for more gardening glove ideas!
Here Are Our Recommendations for the Best Gardening Gloves:
Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves
The Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves offer the following:
- Eco-friendly materials
What better gloves to go with your greening project than a pair of eco-friendly gloves! Made from one of nature’s most sustainable products—bamboo—this pair makes for a truly green choice. Bamboo grows fast and without the need for pesticides and fertilizers. Additionally, the Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves use natural rubber to tighten the wrist.
- Hygienic and comfortable fabric
Made with soft and breathable fabric, this pair of gloves is comfortable to wear. The fabric stays cool during hot days and keeps you warm in cold temperatures. On top of that, the material is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial.
- Waterproof front
The front part of the Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves, including the fingertips, has a thin rubbery layer that protects your palms and nails from getting dirty, while the breathable back part keeps your hands comfortable inside.
- Barehand sensitivity
The Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves feels like second skin. They are flexible and allow you to operate with the dexterity needed to complete finer tasks.
Aside from gardening, these gloves can be used for fishing, furniture pack assembly, and more.
- Four sizes
The Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves is available in four sizes—small, medium, large, and extra large.
- BREATHABLE BAMBOO TO KEEP YOUR HANDS COOL - Bamboo absorbs perspiration, is naturally very breathable. Keeps your hands cool in summer and warm in winter. Pine Tree Gloves are suitable for any job and guaranteed a pleasure to wear.
- FITS LIKE A SECOND SKIN - Do you take off your gloves for every chore that requires finger sensitivity? Pine Tree Gloves have bare hand sensitivity and are Touchscreen friendly! Now you can make those reminders on your smart phone or ipad without taking your gloves off! Fishermen also love the grip on those slippery fish and the protection when changing hooks!
- COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE HAND PROTECTION - We believe gardening should be safe and fulfilling. Avoid skin wounds and dirty hands and nails when doing yard chores. Why walking around with those thick and clumsy gloves while doing jobs around the house? How much more enjoyable would garden chores be, when you wear protective gloves with a snug fit? See our listed size chart picture on the left to determine your correct size. Our gloves have proven abrasion resistance.
- PURE SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK - Although our gloves are initially designed for gardening, many enjoy them during construction and restoration work, fishing trips and lobster diving! Are you not entirely satisfied in the end? Our product comes with a full satisfaction promise!
- Fits well
- Flexible enough it leaves your hands nimble
- The front part of the gloves comes with a waterproof layer.
- Works great for light to medium tasks, from raking to weeding and planting
- Can be used for other activities, including fishing and furniture assembly
- Can be conveniently stashed in your pocket
- Easy to clean
- Accommodates a range of hand sizes
- Back part of the gloves is porous and may not block irritants like poison ivy
- Too thin for plants with thorns such as roses and blackberries
- Not suitable for those with latex allergy
Legacy Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves
The Legacy Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves features:
- Natural material
These gloves are made from A-grade goat leather. As such, the gloves make for an eco-friendly way to get gardening tasks completed. Breathable, resilient, and water-resistant, they are also cut up for the job.
- Maximum strength
Got heavy-duty tasks to do? Working with thorny plants? These cut- and scratch-resistant gloves offer you optimal protection from rough and prickly elements, keeping your hands clean and soft. And because it is durable, you will find a loyal and trusty pair in these gloves. They will accompany you for many a gardening session.
- Long gauntlet cuffs
The Legacy Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves come with long sleeves that are great in protecting your forearms from twigs and thorns. It also keeps dirt from getting inside the gloves.
- Five sizes
The Legacy Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves is available in five sizes namely extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large.
- 100% natural premium goat leather, cut and scratch resistant, provides what professional rose gardeners need most strength, durability and comfort
- Flexible, comfortable and durable hand protection, designed to protect hands from roses and other thorny shrubs
- natural product, hypoallergenic and antibacterial, A-Grade goatskin leather
- Special designed stitching around thumb, making it easier to grip garden tools, great for people with arthritis.
- 100% Satisfaction or Money Back - Not 100% satisfied? Our product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- The gloves are soft and let you do fine tasks.
- The long sleeve design protects not just your hands but forearms as well.
- Works great as heavy-duty gloves for pruning thorny roses, composting, digging, and more
- Available in five sizes
- Moisture seeps through
- The seams on top of the fingers may let dirt in.
- The gauntlet is somewhat stiff.
- Difficult to clean
- A bit pricey
MAGID Thorn-proof Gardening Gloves
The MAGID Thorn-proof Gardening Gloves has the following features:
- Synthetic materials
These gloves are made from thick, strong, and durable synthetic materials that provide optimal protection from prickly thorns and rough elements. It also has a form-fitting Spandex back that lets your hand move with more ease.
- Puncture-resistant design
Made with synthetic leather, this pair of gloves provides a thick layer to shield your hands from prickly thorns, rough rocks, and more. And integrated with a padded palm, they take hand protection to another level.
- Elbow-length gauntlet cuffs
These gloves are integrated with elbow-length cuffs that protect not just your hands but your arms as well.
- Two sizes
The MAGID Thorn-proof Gardening Gloves comes in two sizes—small and medium.
- Offers optimal protection for the hands and forearms
- Effectively shields you from rough and prickly elements
- Works great in protecting hands from thorns
- Not made of organic materials
- Runs small
- Available in two sizes only
Depending on the tasks you do in your garden, like raking leaves or shuttling around a wheelbarrow, you will find any-of-the-three best gardening gloves recommended in this review perfect.
For finer tasks that require your high level of dexterity, you will find the barehand sensitivity of the Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves perfect! They are made of natural and sustainable materials. They offer the wearer a second layer of skin and are very flexible. They are perfect for light to medium gardening tasks that require dexterity. They are available in four sizes.
For heavy-duty tasks such as pruning roses and serious digging, the MAGID Thorn-proof Gardening Gloves is your best bet. These gloves are made with synthetic leather and Spandex. Its puncture-resistant design, reinforced fingertips, padded palm, and elbow-length cuffs, make this pair of gloves an effective tool to protect your hands from spiky and rough elements. They are available in two sizes.
And if you want something that offers a good compromise of both, you will be pleased with the thick and breathable Legacy Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves. They are made from natural goat leather. The gloves are thick yet soft, while the sleeves are somewhat stiff. Lastly, they let you handle fine tasks to heavy-duty projects and are available in five sizes.