When your lawn is overgrown, you will need to trim it. In the present difficult economic situation, it makes a lot of sense to put on your gloves and do it yourself. How may you ask? Well, to begin with, get yourself a trimmer. And then trim the lawn and get down with it.
But before you buy the trimmer, there are various factors that you must bear in mind. There ae many trimmers around.
One of the best trimmers in use today is the gas powered weed eater. And it is popular for many reasons, one of them being that it is quite easy to operate and quite affordable when compared to the electric powered ones.
All the same, you need to choose one in line with your budget with specifications that will meet the conditions of the lawn or hedge you need to trim. So, here are some of those factors.
How to Choose the Best Gas Powered Weed Eater
To pick the best gas powered weed eater, you must bear in mind what kind of lawn you want to trim and then read some of the reviews about the available trimmers in the market. But be particular about the following:
The Size of Your Lawn Garden
This will determine whether you will choose the cordless or corded weed eater. The cordless weed eater is more versatile and can be used on larger tracts of land. On the other hand, cordless trimmers have a shorter runtime thus may need to be powered have more often.
Is it Curved or straight shaft?
The design of the shaft has some bearing on the performance of the trimmer. The curved shafts are known to be lighter and easier to use, whereas the straight shaft is known to have a farther reach.
Is it Corded or cordless?
This is the other factor you may consider when setting for your choice of a trimmer. If you have a lot of obstacles that you need to trim around, such as trees and furniture, corded trimmers could be cumbersome since they will likely get entangled around these and cause delays and even accidents.
What to Look for in a Gas Powered Weed Eater
Having settled the factors above, you now need to break down the specific features that a good gas powered trimmer must possess in order for it to work well. Here are some of them.
Since you will be literally carrying this tool around, you need to choose one that you can easily move around with and maneuver comfortably. If you can get one with shoulder straps, the better since this will help ease the burden from your arms.
Trimmers can be quite noisy, but the noise level varies from one to the other. Therefore, choose one with relatively quiet motor and remember to have your ear plugs on as you work.
As you trim, debris will be flying all over the place.Good trimmers have a protective shield that shields you from debris. You are nevertheless advised to take extra caution by wearing closed shoes, pants and safety goggles to safeguard against rocks and grass.
This helps to prevent inadvertently running the cutting head when the trimmer is not in use. Ensure the switch is conveniently located for easy access.
Gas trimmers can vibrate a lot leading to tired, numb hands. Look out for trimmers with anti-vibration technology than use for longer periods without getting tired.
Choose a trimmer that maintains a proper angle easily. This is found in trimmers that have adjustable shafts that can be moved and adjusted to match your height.
There are many choices of gas powered trimmers, you should have no problem getting one. We hereby make some recommendations of the best gas powered weed eaters you can choose from.
Troy-Bilt Gas 2 –Cycle Brushcutter
This trimmer from Troy-Bilt is certainly a trailblazer in the gas powered weed eater world.It is one of the most popular and comes with great features that make it ever attractive.
Let us break down some of them
- 27cc 2-cycle full crank engine for efficiency
- Jumpstart technology that eliminates the need to pull the cord
- 8 inch 4 tooth stainless steel brush blade that withstands tough vegetation
- Adjustable handle that provides easy control
- Attachment capable
- Commercial grade gear box
- Low vibration
- Powerful enough to navigate through tough weeds
- The adjustable handles allow for ease of use for both right-handed and left handed people
- The attachment capability makes it quite versatile
- The jumpstart technology makes it easy to use
It is difficult to start.
Husqvarna Straight Shaft 4 Stroke Gas String Trimmer
This gas trimmer is another favorite in the landscaping world. Coming with a powerful motor and running on pure gas, it is dear to many due to its simplicity and ease of use.
- 4 stroke engine
- Smart Start engine that is easy to turn on
- Air purge system that gets rid of air from the carburetor
- It runs on pure gas thus eliminating the inconvenience of having to mix fuel and oil
- It is very easy to start.
- The air purge technology removes air from the carburetor for efficient running
- It is quite pricey compared to others in the same category
Homelite Curved Shaft Trimmer
This affordable trimmer has also made it in our list of the most popular trimmers. This is because both professional and amateur landscapers can vouch for its adeptness and power. Here are more features that make it stand among the very best
- Quick-Fire carburetor that enables faster, easier starting
- 17”cutting blade
- 2 cycle low emission engine
- Improved start system
- It has very low emission thus making it environment-friendly
- It is easy to start and use
- The engine is powerful, enabling it to tackle tough weeds
- The strings are difficult to change
Choosing a gas powered trimmer is no walk in the park.However, if you take your time and go through the factors we mentioned at the beginning and the features we have pointed out, you should find it fairly easy to settle on one.
It is very important that you get your specifications right so that you do not end up with a weed eater that falls short of your expectations. As with any other machine, you should aim to get it right the first time. With proper research, this is possible.
As for us, we would recommend the Troy-Bilt 2-cycle Brushcutter for various reasons. For one, it is very easy to start and use.
And then it is made from high quality, durable material. And the engine is versatile and can be used with ten other appliances, saving you lots of money. Lastly, it is environment friendly due to its very low emission.
- The product has elements of exceptional stability. String trimmers ought to be positioned in the appropriate angle by not using force; this is simply done by using a top-mount motor. Good products possess shanks which alter distances or portable circle controls which enables one to modify apparatus to complement with his or her size.
- Simple toward utilizing pasture alongside restock attributes. Product reviews do not possess partialities among bump and automatic-pasture structures considering string trimmer produces good edges that are even, as it is required. Outstanding varieties possess cylinders which are simple to move alongside advanced edges.
- The product is a long lasting manufacture. Excellent products should be made from the finest raw-materials which will last long and minimize chances of any malfunctions even after the warrantee expires.